(1) Getting to Olomouc
The closest international airports are listed bellow, however the majority of international visitors arrives at the airport in Prague or in Vienna.
- Brno – Airport Tuřany (70 km)
- Ostrava – Leoš Janáček Airport in Mošnov (80 km)
- Katowice – Katowice-Pyrzowice (210 km)
- Bratislava – M. R. Štefánik Airport (210 km)
- Vienna – Vienna International Airport (260 km)
- Krakow – Kraków-Balice (265 km)
- Prague – Václav Havel Airport Ruzyně (280 km)
Travelling from Prague to Olomouc
The easiest way to get from Václav Havel Airport Prague (Letiště Václava Havla Praha) to Prague main railway station (Praha, hlavní nádraží) is to take the Airport Express bus, which stops right in front of the arrival hall at the airport and terminates at the main railway station. Another good option is to take a bus and then the metro (details).
Trains are currently the fastest way to get to Olomouc from Prague. The journey takes approximately 2,5 hours. You can choose between:
- České dráhy (Czech Railways)
- Leo Express
Travelling from Vienna to Olomouc
You have several options. For example:
- a direct minibus (Vienna Airport – Olomouc main railway station) operated by Leo Express
- a bus (Vienna Airport via Brno to Olomouc main railway station) operated by RegioJet
- an express personal transport service run by Přeprava na letiště
(2) Travelling within Olomouc
You can use trams and busses to travel within Olomouc. See the following links for information about:
Tickets can be purchased from ticket machines at tram stops and bus stops, in City Public Transport (MHD) information centres / ticket offices, and at newsstands. Additionally, you can also purchase your ticket via a mobile phone with a Czech number or directly from the driver, but a surcharge applies. Please remember to validate your ticket upon boarding the bus or tram.
The closest tram/bus stop to the conference venue is Tržnice. Another tram stop that you can choose is Okresní soud. The stop in front of the main railway station is called Hlavní nádraží.