The Department of Asian Studies at Palacký University Olomouc encourages undergraduate (BA) as well as graduate (MA and PhD) students to actively take part in its 15th Annual Conference on Asian Studies (ACAS) to be held on November 26–27, 2021 online and – if the situation allows – in person in Olomouc, Czech Republic, and present the results of their research in the form of research posters. The preference will be given to the research posters that relate to the conference theme Continuity and Change, but those addressing other themes will also be considered.
Each student who wishes to participate must submit an English abstract of their research poster proposal (max. 300 words long, excluding references from the word count) via our EasyChair submission page by June 30, 2021. Decisions on the abstracts will be sent by September 12, 2021.
We do not require full papers to be submitted to us at any time prior to the conference, so please ignore the last part of the EasyChair Submission page which says that we ask you to upload your paper.
There is no conference fee for the research poster presenters. The submission deadline for finished posters is November 12, 2021.
Any questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All participants in the conference have to fill in the registration form. The deadline is October 3, 2021. See Registration for details.
Poster formatting guidelines
Students who will participate online will receive instructions regarding the online Poster Session at the beginning of September.
The requirements for posters that will be presented in Olomouc in person are specified below.
Please send us your poster as a PowerPoint file and a PDF file (of your PowerPoint file).
Set up your PowerPoint slide before creating your poster:
- If creating on a PC: Design tab, Page setup
- If creating on a Mac: File, Page setup
- Overtype the slide sizes with your required size: A0 portrait: 84.1 x 118.9 cm (reverse figures for landscape orientation)
- Headings: 80-100 pt
- Sub-headings: 40-80 pt
- Main text: 20-40 pt
- References: 16-20 pt
- Try not to allow text to run across the full width of your poster. Splitting text into columns and text boxes is usually easier to read, and more striking from a distance.
- Use high resolution images where possible (minimum of 300 dpi). The dpi information can be found under the ‘details’ tab on the image and by selecting property information.
- Please ensure all images are appropriately referenced to ensure that we do not breach copyright law.