The Department of Asian Studies at Palacký University Olomouc encourages undergraduate (BA) as well as graduate (MA and PhD) students to actively take part in its 14th Annual Conference on Asian Studies (ACAS) to be held on November 20–21, 2020 in Olomouc, Czech Republic, and present the results of their research in form of research posters. The preference will be given to the research posters that relate to the conference theme Voiced and Voiceless in Asia, but those addressing other themes will also be considered.
Each student who wishes to participate must submit an English abstract of their research poster proposal (max. 300 words, including references) via EasyChair by August 16, 2020. Decisions on the abstracts will be sent by September 6, 2020.
There is no conference fee for the research poster presenters and the selected research posters will be printed by the organizer. The final submission deadline is October 20, 2020.
Any questions can be addressed to email@example.com.
All participants in the conference have to fill in the registration form. The deadline is September 30, 2020. See Registration for details.
Poster formatting guidelines
Please send us your poster as a PowerPoint file and a PDF file (of your PowerPoint file).
Set up your PowerPoint slide before creating your poster:
- If creating on a PC: Design tab, Page setup
- If creating on a Mac: File, Page setup
- Overtype the slide sizes with your required size: A0 portrait: 84.1 x 118.9 cm (reverse figures for landscape orientation)
- Headings: 80-100 pt
- Sub-headings: 40-80 pt
- Main text: 20-40 pt
- References: 16-20 pt
- Try not to allow text to run across the full width of your poster. Splitting text into columns and text boxes is usually easier to read, and more striking from a distance.
- Use high resolution images where possible (minimum of 300 dpi). The dpi information can be found under the ‘details’ tab on the image and by selecting property information.
- Please ensure all images are appropriately referenced to ensure that we do not breach copyright law.
Please note that the printed posters will remain at the Department of Asian Studies after the conference.